State of Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization, Negotiation Affairs Department. 21 August 2014
- Statistics after 47 days of the Israeli aggression against the Gaza Strip (July 6th– August 21th).
Since Israel violated the latest ceasefire and withdrew its negotiations team from the ceasefire talks in Cairo, Israeli occupation forces killed at least 48 Palestinians including women and children and injured more than 200, bringing the death toll to 2,065 and the wounded to more than 10,306. Israel’s relentless overnight bombardments lead to the killing of at least 18 Palestinians and the injury of 82. Israel continues its deliberate attacks against civilians in Gaza. Israeli warplanes attacked Al-Kallab family home in Rafah, killing at least 7 people.
The international community must hold Israel responsible for its crimes.
Statistics of 47 Days of Israeli Aggression against the Gaza Strip July 6that 00:00 AM – August 21th at 12:00 PM
– Palestinians killed : 2,065
– Palestinians Injured : 10,306
– Demolished Structures: 9,600
– Partially Demolished Structures: 7,600
– Damaged Homes: 40,000
– Schools Damaged : 141 Government Schools and 136 UNRWA Schools
– Damaged Hospitals and Health Centers – 10 hospitals and 7 PHC clinics were damaged, 5 hospitals and 44 primary health clinics were closed, 16 ambulances were damaged, and 83 health personnel injured, 23 health personnel died after Israeli airstrikes.
– Attacks against Religious Sites – 69 mosques cannot be used and 150 have been partially damaged. Ten Muslim cemeteries have been targeted. Two Churches and one Christian cemetery have been Partially Damaged.
Over 450,000 people are displaced (almost one third of the Gaza population) – 1,700,000 people (the entire population of the Gaza Strip) have been affected by the destruction of electricity, water and waste water infrastructures.
Israeli disregard to the lives of Palestinians has resulted in the killing of hundreds. Instead of learning from previous experiences, some countries gave green light to Israeli forces to bombard and invade the Gaza Strip. The international community has the legal and moral responsibility to protect the Palestinian population living under Israeli occupation and to hold Israel accountable regarding its severe violations of the international humanitarian law. Lack of accountability will continue to fuel Israeli atrocities and crimes. Lack of international action will continue to increase the list of people killed, injured and displaced